2026年10月11日日曜日

朝散歩 Morning walk

今朝は早朝から良く晴れて、またしても秋らしい清々しい天気でした。公園へ向かう石神井川沿いの歩道を歩いていたら、植樹帯に一株だけあるクコの株に花が咲き始めているのに気づきました。 

The typhoons No. 28 and 29 were thought to be heading towards Honshu until a few days ago but now seem steering away from us.  So, we had a clear sky starting early today.  Along the Shakujii River, there is a tree planting zone, and I noticed this morning that flower buds of a goji berry bush were starting to open.


この場所は、早朝は歩道横の建物の陰に入りますが、基本的に陽当たり良好、おまけに川風が吹くので通気性バツグンです。ただ、普通の花壇とは異なり土はカツカツです。それでも時々、草木がこっそり植え付けられて遺棄されているのを見かけます。このクコの草姿からして、子供の頃に見た野生のクコとは似ていないので、たぶん園芸種だと思います。
This walkway is in the shade of nearby buildings in very early morning, but otherwise it gets a lot of sun throughout the day.  Also, being on the riverbank, it gets breezes coming up from the river.  However, unlike a normal flower bed, the quality of soil in the tree planting zone is poor and hard.  Even so, I have noticed plants having been quietly put in the ground (abandoned) - perhaps the owner got bored with it or had to move away but could not take it with him/her.  This goji berry bush might be one of such plants, since judging by the appearance of the plant, it does not look like the wild goji berry that I used to see when I was a child living at the foot of a mountain.

花も葉っぱも大きくしっかりしていて、うちの「静浜クコ」より遥かに立派です。蕾が沢山ついているので、まだまだ開花を眺められそう。
These flowers and leaves are large and sturdy, unlike my named variety that I bought this summer.  The bush has a lot of flower buds, so I will be able to watch the flowers for some time.


石神井川沿いの歩道は主にソメイヨシノの並木道ですが、ここは例外的にハナミズキが植わってます。
Somei Yoshino cherry trees line the bank of the Shakujii River, with the exception of this section where flowering dogwood trees stand.  

ハナミズキの実が真っ赤に色づいて目を引きますが、このあと葉っぱが紅葉するので、2度楽しめます。
The berries have turned red and they are eye-catching.  After the berries are gone, we will be able to enjoy the red leaves when the weather turns colder.  Thus, we can enjoy these flowering dogwood trees twice in an autumn.


いつもの草地。2箇所ある築山のうち、西洋トチノキが植わっているこちらの方がタイガのオヤツスポットになっています。
We arrived at the familiar field.  Of the two mounds in this field, we come to this one where a horse chestnut tree stands, for Taiga's treat.

西洋トチノキはすっかり葉を落としてしまいました。
The horse chestnut tree has lost all its leaves.

最近、この築山のベンチが新調されて清潔感があります。
They recently replaced the crumbling old benches with new ones. They now look clean and tidy.


タイガは座り込んで「オヤツ」。
Taiga reminding me of her treat time.

先日、甲斐犬ヒナ・セナの飼い主さんからいただいた手作り名札です。道で初めて会う人には口頭でタイガの名前を伝えたあと、この名札を見せて漢字も披露しています。
The handmade name plate given by Hina/Sena's dad a few days ago looks really nice on Taiga.  When I meet someone for the first time while walking, I verbally tell Taiga's name and then show this plate.