2026年8月17日月曜日

イチジク新苗 New fig plant

 ヤフオクで買ったイチジク苗が届きました。「ビアーズブラック(Beer's Black)」という名で出品されていましたが、ググってみるとフランス原産のViolette de Bordeaux と同じものだということでした。(Beer's Black Fig(ビールズブラック イチジク)の特徴・味・耐寒性 | 世界のイチジク)  

特徴は、二期生り、天然ジャムのような赤実、樹姿はコンパクトで鉢植え栽培可能。うちには既に黄実のイチジクがあるので、赤味品種も欲しいと思っていたところでした。その苗が今朝 届きました。

I bought a fig tree on the Yahoo auction site a few days ago.  It was shown as 'Beer's Black' - a name I had never heard of.  By searching on the internet, I found out that Beer's Black is the same as Violette de Bordeaux from France - it is better known by the French name in Japan.

Some of the characteristics of this variety are; two harvests a year, natural jam-like red flesh, compact growth habit and easily maintained in a pot.  Since I already have a yellow fig, I wanted a red flesh fig as well.  The plant arrived this morning.


今年の春に挿して作った苗だそうで、まだまだ小さいです。
The seller prepared the cutting in spring this year, so the plant is still very tiny.

普通サイズの移植ごてとの比較。
Size comparison with a regular trowel.

でも、根っこは確実に育っているので安心しました。
I was relieved to find that the roots looked healthy and vigorous.


まずは小さめの鉢でスタートです。これから晩秋までグングン育てば、来年の春先に鉢増しする予定です。
I planted it in a smallish pot.  If it grows fast over the summer/autumn months, I plan to repot it in a larger container before spring next year.