2026年9月23日水曜日

パッションフルーツ開花 Flower on Passion Fruit Plant

今日は早朝散歩のときは晴れていたのに、お昼頃からまた雨が降り始めました。 

8月24日に買った売れ残りパッションフルーツは、鉢に植えつけたこの状態から、

It was cloudy but not raining this morning when we went out for our morning walk.  However, it began to drizzle towards noon.  

The leftover passion fruit plant I bought on August 24th looked like this right after I repotted it.

今はここまで成長して、最初の蕾が開花しました。

This is how it looks now and the first flower bud has just opened.


朝散歩のときは蕾だったのに、雨のなかお昼前には開花していました。
When we went out for a walk, it was still a flower bud, but it opened before noon in spite of the rain.

実が着くものならそのまま育てます。これくらい幼い鉢植えは室内越冬になるので、なるべく苗が大きくならないよう、体力を結実に向けさせたいからです。そこで、雨から保護して受粉を助けるために、このあと袋掛けにしておきました。
If there is fruit setting, I would welcome it for the following reason.  A young passion fruit plant like this cannot survive the winter outside, so I want to keep the plant as compact as possible.  For this, I would like the plant's energy being concentrated into growing the fruit rather than the vine.  So, after this photo, I placed a plastic bag to protect the flower from the rain.