2026年9月11日金曜日

冬ナツメ収穫 Winter Jujube

 冬ナツメが色づき始めました。まだまだ全体的な完熟には程遠いですが、8月以来の連日の雨で裂果が相当ひどいので、一部収穫しました。

The fruits on the Winter Jujube are turning red gradually.  Although not yet fully ripe, I picked some of them since the cracks on the fruits are getting worse, due to the continual rain since the middle of August.



これは去年の6月末に苗が届いた日の写真で、10号鉢に植え付けたところ。夏の間に2本の枝がV字型に伸びて、今年の結果枝の基礎ができていました。
This is how the tree looked when it arrived at the end of August last year.  I planted it in a 30 cm diameter pot.  It grew vigorously during the summer with two branches forming into a V shape.


これは現在の樹姿。木の下半分の塊りが去年のV字型の枝が元になっています。上半分の塊りは全て今年の春以降の成長からきたもので、木全体として今も2本の主枝から成っています。
This is how the tree looks now.  The mass at the lower half of the tree is from last year's V-shaped branches, on which there are a lot of limbs with fruits.  The upper half of the tree is formed entirely from this year's growth.

採取した実は甘くて美味しいけれど、小さい!もともと冬ナツメは小さめの実がなる品種なので、その初成りの年だからか、予想を下回るサイズです。来年以降に期待です。
The fruits picked today were very sweet and delicious, but they are so tiny!  Now, this variety is known for its smallish fruits, so it is probably not surprising to see these, particularly since this is the first year of fruiting.  I am hoping for a better result next year.