秋らしく涼しい一日だったので、早めの午後散歩に出ました。うちから近くのタクシー会社の表には大きなオリーブの鉢植えがあります。実がたわわに生っているので、許可を得て写真を撮りました。
It was a nice autumn-like day today, and we left early for our afternoon walk. In front of the tax company near my home, there are two olive trees growing in pots. Both are laden with young fruits, so I asked for a permission to take photos.
この木は上の写真で右側にある小さいほう。若木なのによく生っています。
This is the tree on the right in the above photo. Although still a young tree, it is loaded with fruits.
The young fruits are quite large and inviting. Unfortunately, they do not know the names of their varieties.
公園に着くと酔芙蓉がまだ咲いていました。夏から晩秋まで、次々と蕾が出てきて咲き続けるので花木として優秀です。
We arrived at the first field of the Johoku Park, where the Hibiscus mutabilis tree was in bloom. These trees keep producing flowers from early summer to late autumn - an ideal plant for a park.
城北公園の酔芙蓉はどれも一重咲きの品種(私はハデな八重咲きのが好みですが)。
城北公園の酔芙蓉はどれも一重咲きの品種(私はハデな八重咲きのが好みですが)。
Hibiscus mutabilis trees in this park are all single petal variety (I prefer the double petal variety, since the flowers are strikingly beautiful).
花を眺めていたら、仲良しの豆柴のリンちゃんが通りがかりました。いつもより元気が無いので尋ねたら、これから大嫌いなシャンプーをされに行くところだそうで、事態を察しているようです。
As I was admiring the flowers, Rin, a miniature Shiba Inu passed by. She seemed less cheerful than usual, and her mom told me that Rin was on her way to get a shampoo treatment which she hates.
私がリンちゃんのご機嫌を取りながら写真を撮っていたら、呼ばれていないタイガが割り込んできました。
When I was taking pictures of Rin, at the same time trying to cheer her up, Taiga quietly cut in between us. She probably felt left out?
リンちゃんを見送ったあとは他の草地へ移動。












