2026年7月29日水曜日

青空ふたたび Blue ski is back

 過去数日、日中は曇りで暗くなると雨が降るというパターンが続いていたのですが、今朝は良い天気、真夏らしい一日でした。

For the last several days, we had overcast sky during the day followed by rain during the night.  So, the blue sky we had this morning was quite a nice change - it really felt like summer.


公園ではムクゲの花が咲き始めています。
At the park, Hibiscus syriacus bushes were starting to flower, adding to the summer atmosphere.



タイガのオヤツスポットになっている築山の木陰で一休み。
We had a rest in the shade on top of the mound which is Taiga's treat spot.


オヤツのあとは別の草地へ移動して、またしても木陰でリラックス。
After the treat, we moved to another field and found a shade where Taiga got comfortable.

いつもの草風呂の始まり。
When feeling comfortable, she always rolls on the grass.



============================

数日前に「皇帝」ナツメの木に設置した石鹸水入りのプラスチックカップもゼラニウムの鉢植えも、今のところ効果が見られません。願わくば、コガネ成虫が活動する季節が終わってくれることです。そして幼虫への対策として、「カルホス」1kg入りを注文しました。うちの狭い庭にカルホスをばら撒いて、来年の発生を抑制しようと思います。
The plastic cup with soapy water and a piece of banana that I hung on the 'Emperor' jujube tree has produced no results, neither did the pot of geranium.  Hopefully, the active season for the grownup Japanese beetles has come to an end.  As to the beetle grubs in the ground, I have just ordered a 1kg of powder that targets root eating grubs.  I hope this will control the emergence of grownup beetles next year.

皇帝の幼果は、6月の開花からのものは3個を覗いて他は全て落果しました。猛暑が始まって以降の開花からの幼果は、木の天辺あたりに数個ついているだけです。今年は地植え初年度なので、栄養を木の成長に集中させているようです。
On the Emperor jujube tree, the young fruits from the flowers of June have more or less all dropped, leaving just 3.  What fruits that are growing now are concentrated at the top of the tree where new limbs came out before the hot weather of July.  Since this is the first year for the tree to grow in the ground, nutrition is directed towards growing the tree itself rather than producing fruits.

地植えのほうが実が大きくなることを期待しています。
I am hoping that the fruit sizes in the future will be larger than they were when the tree was growing in a pot.

ブラックベリーのナバホが熟し始めています。去年は異常に早くて6月下旬に熟していましたが、ちょうどその時の熱波で実が日焼けして腐りました。地植えだと日光調整のための移動ができないので、今年から鉢植えにして実の日焼けを避ける予定です。ナバホは立木性なのでカラムナー仕立てにします。
Navaho blackberries are getting ripe.  Last year, they ripened unusually early and the harvesting peak occurred in late June.  Unfortunately, we had a heat wave in the 2nd half of June last year and a lot of the ripening fruits got sunburned and spoiled.  The tree was in the ground until last year, and this year I have started growing it in a pot.  This way, I can move the pot to adjust the direct sun light hours, if necessary.  Since Navaho has an upright growth habit, I am going to make it into a columnar bush.