ページ (Pages)

▼

2026年10月7日水曜日

パッションフルーツなど Passion fruits etc

 今日こそ庭の片付けものや草むしりなどを実行しようと、午後に思い腰を上げました。タイガは玄関ドアの前で監督。まだ暑いのか、座布団よりも冷たいタイルの上のほうが良いようです。

There had been a lot of things piling up in the garden that had to be done before winter.  I forced myself to do some of them this afternoon.  Taiga took up her position in front of the door, choosing to lie on the cool tiles instead of the cushion.



パッションフルーツが育ち続けて、ツルが支柱よりもはるか上に伸びてしまいました。
The passion fruit plant continues to grow and now extending well above the support.

9月の連日の雨のなか、第2花と第3花が咲いたときに人工受粉しておいたのが着果しました。右上の幼果は第3花から、左下のは第2花からのものです。
Durin the rainy days of September, the 2nd and 3rd flowers opened.  I pollinated them both and now young fruits are growing.  The upper one is from the 3rd flower, and the lower one from the 2nd flower.

これは第3花の幼果。
This is from the 3rd flower,

こちらは第2花から。これらの幼果に苗の成長エネルギーが向けられれば、室内越冬中、ツルの伸びも少しは抑えられるのではと期待しています。
and this is from the 2nd flower.  Since I have to keep this young plant indoors during the coming winter, I am hoping that growth energy will be concentrated into growing the fruits, thus suppressing the growth of the vine itself.


今年のハイビスカスローゼルは、夏のあいだ雨続きだったせいか、花後の実の成長がかんばしくありませんでした。もう涼しくなったし、実の成長もストップしたようなので、片付けることにしました。
The rainy summer months had a disastrous effect on the roselle plant, with the calyxes remaining small after flowering.  Since it is already October and cooler, I decided to finish the plant.

実は小さいし、雨でススっぽいものもあるので、今年は利用しないことにしました。コンポスト行きです。
The calyces are small and some of them even sooty from the rain.  I am not going to use them for jam and put them into the compost.


9月12日に買ったアロエベラを、今になってやっと株分けして植え替えました。
The aloe vera plant I bought on 12th September had to be repotted, and I finally brought myself to do it this afternoon.

親株2個と、子株3個に分けました。元の土は赤玉の単用でしたが、私は赤玉は使わないので鹿沼を中心に、「花と野菜の土」を少し混ぜ込みました。
I ended up with two large plants, and 3 tiny babies.  The grower had used pebbles made from loamy soil which I never use.  Instead, I made a mixture consisting mainly of Kanuma pumice and a little of dark soil for vegetables.

大き目の鉢に植え替えたとたん、立派な苗に見えるのが植物の不思議です。アロエベラは中のゼリー状の肉を食用にできるだけでなく、挿し木苗を作るときにも利用できます。
It is always interesting to see how a plant suddenly looks impressive once replanted in a larger pot.  I will be using these aloe vera as edible herbs, as well as for preparing cuttings.

でも、こんなに沢山のアロエベラが育つと使いきれないかも。
When all these grow up, I will have more than enough aloe vera.