ページ (Pages)

2026年9月2日水曜日

パンザオなど Panzao jujube etc

もう9月。今年の東京は台風の影響から8月のほとんどが曇り日で、しかもほぼ毎日 何時間か雨も降っていました。本当に晴れた日は4-5日だった印象です。

 10日以上前に、2階バルコニーのパンザオを下ろしてきて地面に仮植えしました。真夏に落葉樹を植え替えするなんて非常識ですが、今年の春から初夏にかけて展開した葉っぱの日焼けが止まらなかったので、もう失うものが無いと思ったからです。

鉢から引っ張り出してみると、根の痛みは特に見られませんでした。ただし、10号菊鉢で鉢底に鹿沼をたっぷり敷いたあとは、土の量が少なすぎたようです。これでひと冬過ごして、来年の3月に元から予定していたスッポットに植え付けします。

It is already September.  Due to the effects of passing typhoons one after another, the weather in Tokyo during August was mostly cloudy with occasional rains every day.  I think we had only 4-5 days of sunshine for the whole month.

I brought down the Panzao jujube more than 10 days ago and planted it in the ground.  This is a temporary arrangement.  No doubt it was mad to transplant a large deciduous tree in the middle of the summer.  However, the leaves on Panzao kept turning brown and I felt I had nothing to lose.

When I pulled the plant out of the pot, I did not find anything serious with the roots.  However, the amount of soil in the pot was insufficient for the size of the plant.  So, this tree should be happier where it is now.  In March next year, I will be replanting it in the spot that I am preparing for the purpose.


右に写り込んでいるのは、ネット掛けした皇帝ナツメ。
The tree on the right is the Emperor jujube with nets to keep green beetles out.

地植えにしてから何度も雨が降っているので、新芽が伸びてきました。
After planting Panzao in the ground, we have had a lot of rainy days which encouraged new buds.
幼果が着いていますが、どこまで育つか見守ります。
I would be interested to see if any of the young fruits would grow to maturity this autumn.

初夏の開花から唯一生ったこの1個はどう見ても腐りかけているので、写真のあと取り除きました。
This is the only fruit resulting from the flowering season during June/July.  I removed it after taking the photo, since it looks like a dud.


去年の3月に挿し木した枝が発根して、今年 苗木らしく成長した日本ナツメが色づいてきました。
These are the fruits on the tree that was developed from a cutting of March 2025.  The plant rapidly grew into a small tree this spring and produced several fruits.  They seem to be ripening.

連日の雨で裂果がみえます。美味しそうに色づいているので、この1個を試し採り。
Due to the frequent rain, cracks are appearing on the fruit.  However, it looks inviting and I decided to try the taste.

実の長さは4センチ足らず。
The length of the fruit falls short of 4 cm.

あくまでも糖度計の数値ですが、47.1%。実際に食べてみると、とても美味しかったです。甘くて、酸味もあり、もう1種類の日本ナツメに負けないジューシーさがありました。
This is solely according to the brix meter, but the sugar content was 47.1% which is extremely high.  When I tasted it, it was indeed very sweet, with acidity (which I value in jujubes), and with enough juiciness.  It was as juicy as the other Japanese variety that I have been growing since 2024.